The Shaykh was asked a question regarding Abu Ubaydah Ahmad Nishwan who spent some time in Dammaaj and returned to the Maldives. Thereafter, the likes of Abdul-Hameed al-Hajooree were invited to the Maldives and a result of that was that Ahmad Nishwan began to speak about the Salafi brothers with evil and also began speaking about the scholars such as Shaykh Ubayd al-Jaabiree, Shaykh Abdullaah al-Bukharee. So advice was sought from the Shaykh, what is the advice regarding this man and how to behave with him?
The Shaykh answered with the following points:
1) First it is for the brothers in Maldives and in all other places to seek the presence of the scholars and the students of knowledge. Some people invite speakers and when the speaker is on the plane they then start asking "Who knows him", "Is he known with knowledge and the Salafi manhaj" - (in other words when it is too late and after they have invited him). [So a person should ask beforehand] and if he is not known or is a person known for trouble or from the people of desires then don' t bring him. Or if he is unknown don't bring him. Or if he is from the opposers, the Mumayyi'ah like the Halabiyyah, or the Ma'ribiyyah and likewise the Haddaadiyyah, beware of them.
2) It is clear from the question that the man is from the Hajaawirah (followers of al-Hajuri). They attack the scholars for the sake of al-Hajuri and not for the sake of the truth.
3) You must quote rulings of the scholars on these matters, especially the latest speech of Shaykh Rabee' regarding al-Hajuri and his followers and those who support them (see this article).
4) As has been said by Ibn Ma'sood, "Whoever seeks to guide himself by someone then let him guide himself by the one who has died for the living is not secure from (being afflicted) by tribulation." Yahya al-Hajuri was a student of Shaykh Muqbil, but he got put to trial.
5) Do not fall into what this man has fallen into of reviling the scholars, especially Salafi scholars. The hadeeth qudsee, "Whoever shows enmity to a righteous friend of mine, then I have declared war on him..." What al-Hajuri has fallen into is no doubt making war against the awliyaa of Allaah. These scholars who are upon the sound aqidah and manhaj, they are the closest to what we describe as those having wilaayah (loyalty, allegiance to Allaah). Hence, revilement of them is a revilement of the Sunnah they carry.
6) Shaykh Abdullah al-Bukhari has old speech regarding Shaykh Muqbil and his (Shaykh Muqbil's) old speech regarding the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia [Shaykh Muqbil later recanted from his old views and praised the kingdom], however he, Shaykh Abdullaah, recanted from that and clarified the matter.
There is a principle in the Qur'an which the Scholars of the Sunnah have derived from the Qur'anic texts and which the Hajaawirah (followers of al-Hajuri) should be taught, and it is that "the recompense for an action is of its like" (الجزاء من جنس العمل)، and this principle and law is currently in effect and operative as it relates to the dim-witted, imbecilic Hajaawirah Haddaadiyyah.
They first began their campaign (in the West) against anyone who was connected to Shaykh Ubayd al-Jaabiree (whom Yahya al-Haddaadi began to speak ill of using foul street language), and hence we saw them targeting certain brothers, trying to find faults and errors, and spreading and distributing rebuttals and attacks. All of this activity was for the sake of al-Hajuri and it was not activity that was founded upon sincerity - this is known with certainty - because these dim-witted idiots (such as Abu Fujoor and his likes) were caught out numerous times and exposed for their insincerity, lies and seeking of fame. So the point here is that the Hajaawirah embarked on a campaign against the Scholars, including Shaykh Rabee, Shaykh Ubayd, Shaykh Muhammad bin Haadee, Shaykh Abdullaah al-Bukhaaree, Shaykh Ahmad Bazmul and anyone connected to them who saw the truth of what they were saying (upon evidence). Whilst this was taking place for numerous years between 2009 to 2012, the Salafis kept silent and the most they did was to defend the honours of those scholars without actually attacking Yahya al-Hajuri. So the Hajaawirah Haddaadiyyah were seeking to find the faults, errors of those Shaykhs (and the students of knowledge) and all of this was for the sake of al-Hajuri, just like the Qutbiyyah would attack Shaykh Rabee, accusing him of speaking ill of the Companions and the likes, trawling through his cassettes to see if they could find anything with which to disparage him. But those activities were only for the sake of Sayyid Qutb and not for the sake of Allaah. So the Hajaawirah are behaving like this, their activities are for the sake of Yahyaa al-Haddaadi and this is why even on issues that those Shaykhs (attacked by them) may have already clarified and explained, they continue to use those issues against those Shaykhs as part of their wider campaign to discredit all the other scholars and to put them beneath the feet of Yahya al-Haddadi.
But the the tables have turned, the principle is in effect, its operative, the law is in operation, (الجزاء من جنس العمل), the recompense for a deed is of its like, so what is happening now is that the Ghuluww (exaggeration) and humaaqah (stupidity) and jahl (ignorance) of the followers of al-Hajuri and the many calamities of al-Hajuri (including matters of belief) are being brought out, whether they took place ten years ago, or fifteen, or five, or three or two, even some of those he may have apparently retracted from. So this is from the divine justice that is being meted out, al-Hajuri ate the flesh of righteous Scholars known historically for defending Sunnah and Salafiyyah ("the scholars flesh is poisonous") and al-Hajuri is being outed for the foul-mouthed fool that he is, and the liar that he is, so we see now examples of his foul street language used to address the Scholars, we see many of his mistakes in aqeedah and usool, we see the many of the fools surrounding him being exposed for their Ghuluww in Yahya al-Hajuri, we see calamities of al-Hajuri in relation to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam), in relation to the Sahaabah (radiallahu anhu) and calamities towards the Imaams of the Salaf (rahimahumullaah).
So al-Hajuri's recompense is exposition of his deviation, his misguidance and his splitting of the ranks of Ahl al-Sunnah. This is a matter that is outside of anyone's hands, it is the divine justice, and al-Hajuri and his followers are too dumb to realize it. We see the dim-witted Hajaawirah in all places coming out in the blogs and forums and through email lists whining and moaning, "But al-Hajuri retracted from that and clarified that...", "You people are oppressors and unjust...", "These are old issues that have passed..." and so on. Indeed they are a foolish people, it would be hard to find one amongst them with something of aql (reason and intellect), because at this stage in this particular fitnah, you have to absent of any aql (reason) to remain with al-Hajuri. Al-Hajuri and his followers are tasting the results of their own hands, but they just can't see it.
Our message to the Hajaawirah Haddaadiyyah is that you make tawbah to Allaah, you leave wallowing and delving into baatil (falsehood), and that you return to the Scholars and to their advices, directions, rulings as it relates to al-Hajuri and his likes. The Hajaawirah do not have the aql (reason) to see the realities for what they are, they are just whining and moaning for what their hands have wrought and brought upon themselves. As for whatever tawbah they claim has been made (whether by al-Hajuri or his cult-followers), that is between them and Allaah, no one comes in between Allaah and his servant when he repents with a correct shar'iyy tawbah, meeting all the conditions, however, whilst it is alleged that al-Hajuri has recanted, whether these recantations are correct shar'iyy repentances is something that needs to be looked into, because what is becoming apparent in many of the issues for which he has been rightly criticized, he is taking the way of al-Ma'ribee of playing and fooling around in speech when tawbah was necessitated for him and lying outright [as al-Hajuri did in the issue of accusing the Companions of participating in the murder of Uthmaan (radiallaahu anhu)], and in numerous other issues he has not and is not showing any repentance and examples of this will be presented in due course inshaa'Allaah.