The GLM rebel group that we mentioned in Part 2 have recently released a PDF against the Markaz Jam'iyyah Ahl al-Hadeeth and Green Lane Mosque complex and it is clear that they are making a concerted effort in their agenda. In the course of these refutations however, these people are making bold audacious claims and are propounding lies and historical untruths that must be cleared for the record. The following points are made by Maktabah Salafiyyah who have experience with these individuals and their behaviour in Birmingham over the last decade and a half. The abbreviation MJAH means "Markaz Jam'iyyah Ahl al-Hadeeth" and GLM means "Green Lane Mosque" and the abbrevation GLM-REB means "Green Lane Mosque Rebels"
1. Some of the individuals involved in this wave of internal GLM politics and power-struggles (GLM-REB) are established as liars and people of fitnah with the Salafis of Birmingham and with the people of knowledge. During the late 90s they were focused on refuting Ash'aris and Deobandis on fiqh matters, a matter for which they were repeatedly warned against and told that our refutations upon them start with matters of creed, not matters of fiqh. They maintained the view of absolute unlawfulness of taqleed, without exception, on the basis of which they considered Maktabah Salafiyyah as being astray and misguided. Not only that, they were also instrumental in sowing the seeds of discord between varying parties in the early 2000s, where they allied with the Clear Path Website (Muhammad Aqib), Hamd House (Israr Khan) and Salafi Tapes (Hamza, Zayn al-Abideen) in order to hatch plots against Maktabah Salafiyyah.
2. The GLM-REB group in this wave of internal GLM politics have had no connection, from near or far (for well over a decade) to those who have been calling to the Salafi da'wah in Birmingham. Rather, they have been enemies and opposers, and they are part of a network who have been posting on Amwaat.Morg, the website of Sajid Qayyum, where they slander the Salafi callers and make ridicule of the Salafi Masjid, sometimes with racist language. Others who are known to post on that website include Abdur-Ra'uf Muhammad (a mentally unstable individual who is often observed partaking in anger management therapy sessions on online forums that never seem to be successful), who was also part of the Madeenah.Com network.
3. Maktabah Salafiyyah, took the affair of Suhaib Hasan, MJAH and GLM to the Scholars and have warned from their manhaj and their activities for at least 15 years, and they have maintained this stance consistently throughout until this day - even throughout the attempts by these people to use Shaik Wasiullaah to discredit the Maktabah. This is whilst MJAH and GLM were inviting Yasir Qadhi, Tawfique Chowdhary, Muhammad alShareef and others - which indicates the hypocrisy involved here (see picture proof in Part 2). Throughout a large portion of this period whole , the GLM-REB group (the ones releasing these refutations against GLM), also infected with a similar Hizbiyyah, were actually fighting against Maktabah Salafiyyah and working to undermine and destroy them. They had ties with the followers and defenders of the Innovator, Abu al-Hasan al-Ma'ribee. Thirteen years later, they are spreading their tabdee' upon Tawfique Chowdhary, whereas Maktabah Salafiyyah refuted his Qutbi, Ikhwani manhaj and warned from him from the days he was on the MJAH-GLM minbar claiming manhood is only found with Palestinian children, proclaiming "once, we were men" and also when he was belittling the Scholars of the Sunnah.
4. As for the questions that are being repeated online, in the blogs and through email, "Have you read what Shaikh Wasiullah has said about GLM and Tawfique Chowdhary?" then our response is "Did you read what the Salafi Scholars have been saying about them since 15 years and what we said and wrote about MJAH-GLM and Tawfique Chowdhury in the late 1990s and onwards?" Recall several years ago how these very same rebels would spread only the refutations of Shaikh Wasiullaah against Maktabah Salafiyyah and raise high the Shaikh's praise of MJAH and GLM during the very same time that al-Hidaayah (Na'eem and Sa'eed) were involved with the masjid and during the time that Yasir Qadhi, Tawfique Chowdhary and Muhammad alShareef, (the owners of al-Maghrib Institute and al-Kauthar Institute) were being invited to MJAH-GLM alongside many other unsavouries. It is as if the saying of no other scholar had any value in the matter. Shaikh Ubaid, Shaikh Muqbil, Shaikh Rabee, Shaikh Al-Anjaree, Shaikh as-Subay'ee, Shaikh Muhammad ibn Haadee were all ignored and even ridiculed on the website amwaat.morg. This is blind-fanatical following of one Shaikh, the very thing they accuse others of. This is not a critique of Shaikh Wasiullaah at all! But a rebuttal of those who ascribe themselves to him. In fact, we feel sorry for the Shaikh that these imbeciles tarnish his name.
5. Abu Abdullah Muhammad Akhtar Chowdhary (Fatwa-Online and Madeenah.Com) has today sent out one of these refutations against GLM to his email list. He has been instrumental in constructing an opposition front to the da'wah of Maktabah Salafiyyah and in allying and aiding the MJAH-GLM nexus, bolstering their da'wah, whilst working plots in the city of Madeenah to bring down Maktabah Salafiyyah. That whole saga has been documented in these five articles (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.0, Part 3.1, Part 3.2) where they tried to utilize Shaikh Muhammad bin Haadee, Shaikh Abdullah al-Bukhaaree and before that Shaikh Ubayd to destroy Maktabah Salafiyyah. But their insincerity and lies were exposed and their plot failed and they were declared liars by Shaikh Muhammad and Shaikh Ubayd. Abu Abdullah Muhammad Akhtar Chawdhury has for years been defending and promoting MJAH and GLM network (along with Luton, Abu Usamah, Ihyaa Turaath and Brixton), regularly advertising conferences and events at GLM. He has shared platforms regularly with them over the last year. This man is the root of much of the evil of splitting, lying and sowing hatred both in the UK and Madeenah. He spread a long-winded defence of MJAH-GLM and their "scholars" such as Suhaib Hasan, Abdul-Hadi Umari, etc, only a few years ago. In this defence Suhaib Hasan's visit to the Eid Milad an-Nabi celebration was justified as well as justifications for the cooperation with Jam'iyyah Ihyaa Turaath. So with what right do they now criticise GLM? They're all on the same principle: Cooperation with and promotion of Ahlul-Bid'ah and disdain and refutation of the Salafis.
6. Also surfacing onto the scene now are individuals from Luton who were following and defending Abu al-Hasan al-Ma'ribee, and they too are spreading these refutations against the MJAH-GLM nexus. Each one of these groups - the Alum Rock group, Fatwa-Online and Madeenah.Com and their allies in Luton - all of them have their own agendas in taking this direction. What gives a lie to their claimed motive of "warning from evil" is that every single one of these factions, at the time when Maktabah Salafiyyah was warning from the MJAH-GLM nexus, were silent, and in fact some of them were supporting the activities of MJAH-GLM, and all of these factions were waging a war against Maktabah Salafiyyah.
7. In these new refutations against the MJAH-GLM nexus, any speech against and about Abu Usamah Khaleefah is absent, despite the knowledge of this group that he was declared an innovator by Shaikh Ahmad al-Najmee in 2002 for his persistent defence of Abu al-Hasan al-Ma'ribee - a matter that is meaningless to them because some of these factions were actually on the side of al-Ma'ribee as well. But more importantly, Abu Usamah Khaleefah is also participating in the conference that is being warned against, yet there appears to be a concerted effort to shield Abu Usamah Khaleefah in this new crisis at MJAH-GLM. Has he not appeared time and time again with conferences alongside Haitham Haddaad (another signatory of the now infamous Sufi initiated pledge), Bilal Philips, Abu Muslimah etc. He has praised lavishly Zakir Naik of Peace TV who is worse than al-Maghrib in his alliances and allegiances! In fact a quick perusal of Naik's website shows his regular speakers which includes all of the al-Maghrib speakers and even worse than them. Why no speech about Abu Usamah, a participant in the conference? Because they need him for their future political goals AND because they've been in cahoots with him for over a decade in: Luton, Brixton, Manchester, Leicester. Many of the groups and factions mentioned in this article have cooperation with him in da'wah. Abu Usamah has no limits on who he works with, He has no issues whatsoever in working with al-Maghrib - his name is on the upcoming GLM conference with al-Maghrib's leaders! So why does poor miskeen Ahsan Hanif get it in the neck and Abu Usamah walks away unscathed as yet? Why? Politics.
8. Previously, in their activities online and elsewhere, the GLM-REB group would never fail to mention Maktabah Salafiyyah, in order to ridicule and defame them. However, in their latest PDF refutation against MJAH-GLM, they have conveniently left out any mention of Maktabah Salafiyyah, making it appear as if there is no Salafi da'wah in this city of Birmingham except theirs and that there exists no Salafi community except that of MJAH-GLM. No mention of the refutations against Tawfique Chowdhary since the late 90s for his Ikhwaniyyah, Qutbiyyah. No mention of the advice and rulings of the Salafi Shaykhs previously mentioned against the MJAH-GLM network. No mention of the struggles of Maktabah Salafiyyah against the MJAH-GLM manhaj. Why? Because they were the very ones using Shaikh Wasiullah to counter the efforts of Maktabah Salafiyyah in making clear the deviation of the MJAH-GLM network. They deceptively make mention of the name of Shaykh Rabee and Shaykh Ubayd (in their PDF article) when they have totally rejected the advices of these Shaykhs in the past, despite their knowledge that these Shaykhs have had speech against MJAH-GLM.
9. In closing, people should not be deceived and jump on this new GLM-REB bandwagon against MJAH-GLM as if this is some new revelation that has only come to light only because Shaikh Wasiullah has now spoken. In reality, the Shaikh has been used in order to lead this new opposition against the GLM administration for the agendas of another group that is also from within the MJAH-GLM network. The proof for this is that the affair of MJAH-GLM has been known to the Salafis of Birmingham and elsewhere for fifteen years and there exist plentiful verdicts with respect to them and the Salafis have been warning against them over the past decade or more, during the time that Tawfique Chowdhary, Yasir Qadhi and Muhammad alShareef were to be found on the minbar of MJAH-GLM, and throughout the time that this same rebel network were going to and fro to Shaykh Wasiullah in order to defend the MJAH-GLM network (whilst those individuals from al-Maghrib were being invited to MJAH-GLM)!
Conclusion: MJAH-GLM + GLM-REB + FOL-MAD.COM + LUTON = All on the same manhaj from history. This is internal power struggle. Shaikh Wasiullah being used to spearhead agenda of GLM-REB against current admin of GLM. FOL-MAD.COM and LUTON jumping on bandwagon. All of it stinks of hypocrisy and amounts to a fake display of concern for the Salafi manhaj in light of the historical record and fact. You can't falsify and rewrite history. Your history will come back to bite you and declare you a liar.