The Conference of Green Lane Mosque (Singers and Ikhwanis) and Internal Politics: Part 6 - Green Lane's 9/11 - The Turaathi Ikhwaani Connection Revealed Openly in 2013: There Was No Conspiracy Theory|
Wednesday, September 11 2013 - by Manhaj.Com
Read more articles at Manhaj.Com
This article cannot really be appreciated without relevant background and history, so you are going to have to show a little patience with us on this one, but in the end, it will be very rewarding inshaa'Allaah, and you will start seeing the bigger picture. Always remember, you can't understand what's happening around you now until you study the history of what led to the current. Then you can make connections and make sense of what is going on. In this article we are going to try and make sense of the current fiasco behind the MJAH-GLM conference of September 6th-8th 2013 in light of an article published in the Kuwaiti al-Watan newspaper today (September 11th 2013).
Green Lane's 9/11 - Ihyaa al-Turath Members and Their Councils Are Behind the Da'wah of Green Lane Mosque - There Was No Conspiracy Theory, It Was Actually True. The Twin Towers of Turaathiyyah and Ikhwaaniyyah Brought to the Ground
What appears below is going to be hereafter remembered as Green Lane's 9/11 - in other words that which brought down the two towers of Turaathiyyah and Ikhwaaniyyah to the ground (conceptually speaking). These towers took around 16 years to construct (largely in stealth) but only an afternoon to demolish. In the Kuwaiti al-Watan Newspaper, today, September 11th 2013, the following piece was published on page 6 (click to view):
In the above article, there is the following (emphasis added):
Adnan Abd al-Qadir: "Green Lane Da'wah Centre Is From the Most Prominent Achievements of the Committee of Shaamiyyah in Britain"
The chief of the Committee (of the Districts) of Shaamiyyah and Shuwaykh pursuant to the Jam'iyyah (Society) of al-Najaat al-Khayriyyah, the Shaykh Adnaan Abd al-Qaadir, emphasized that Green Lane Da'wah Centre which the committee set up in the city of Birmingham in Britain is from the most important and largest of centres and the most important of da'wah projects which the committee has executed outside of Kuwait.
And Abd al-Qaadir said in a newspaper editorial, with respect to the latest visit by a delegation of the committee to Britain in order to examine the activities of the centre, "We strive to support righteous, humanitarian and voluntary da'wah work outside of Kuwait in order to build and strengthen the foundations of social solidarity between Muslims whilst noting that "Green Lane Centre" represents a large mosque which comprises an educational, religious and health centre for Muslim youth who are residents in the city of Birmingham" ...
...([Adnan Abd al-Qadir]) also making clear that the committee has activities in some of British towns such as Bath by Spa in the South East of Britain and likewise in the town of Keithley in North West Britain. And Adnaan Abd al-Qaadir invited the people of goodness and the people with magnanimous hands and those who do good from the noble people of Kuwait to support the projects of the committee...
This newspaper article reveals that there is (and has always been) a tight connection between MJAH-GLM - one that has often been denied over many years. This connection is not just financial. It is also one of methodology (manhaj) as well. The recent MJAH-GLM conference fiasco discussed in previous articles (see here, here, here, here and here) is connected to this matter. MJAH-GLM have always been upon this manhaj and this includes all factions that make up the MJAH-GLM nexus, the al-Hidaayah faction (who are business people) and the mullah section including Suhaib Hasan, Abdul-Hadi Omari, and the mouthpiece faction, Abu Usamah Khaleefah. This connection helps to explain the direction these people have been taking more openly over the past year or two, which has culminated in them inviting Qutbis, Ikhwanis like Waleed Basyouni and Tawfique Chowdhary to their recent conference.
Observations and Notes
- In 1997 when the da'wah of Ikhwaan and Turaath was made clear (largely through the efforts and writings of Shaykh Rabee' bin Haadee), in the da'wah scene in the UK numerous individuals and organizations betrayed their Salafi brothers and chose to remain conducting their da'wah upon the Ikhwani, Turathi principles that were the cause of confusion and lack of clarity prior to that time. They include al-Hidaayah (Na'eem and Sa'eed), the Markaz Jam'iyyah Ahl al-Hadeeth figureheads including Suhaib Hasan and Abdul-Hadi Omari, and individuals such as Abu Usamah Khaleefah.
- As a result of this betrayal, these people actively worked against those who held fast to the Salafi creed and methodology, who made walaa and baraa around it, and conducted their da'wah upon clarity, seeking uniting the people around it. These Salafis became objects of the numerous wars and battles that were waged by those remaining upon that Turaathi, Ikhwaani da'wah, along with its associated principles and foundations in behaviour and allegiances.
- It is false and a mistake to try to distinguish between the al-Hidaayah faction and the Mullah faction consisting of Suhaib Hasan, Abdul-Hadi Omari, Shu'ayb Mirpuri and others. They are all upon the same manhaj. Just because Na'eem and Sa'eed (al-Hidaayah, current GLM admin) are running the show now, does not mean they alone can be blamed and scapegoated for what has happened in the recent September conference of inviting dubious, astray individuals to speak on their platforms. Rather, all of them have been upon this manhaj in what has passed. In this specimen we see Abdul-Hadi Omari (the ameer of Jam'iyyah Ahl al-Hadeeth) - in this September conference during the weekend just passed - sat next to the "innovator" Tawfique Chaudhury who put his name to a Sufi pledge initiative along with grave worshippers and Jahmites. He is second from the right, with Tawfique Chaudhury on the far right. This is because Abdul-Hadi Omari has been upon this manhaj himself, it shows that he hasn't really changed from the days he made his remark, "Also, Ahmad Reza Khan from the Brelwee school of thought, who was a great scholar of the religion who has written many books", praising a caller to Shirk. So the point here is that it is false to distinguish between Suhaib Hasan (specimen, specimen, specimen, specimen, specimen) and Abdul-Hadi Omari on the one hand who represent the Ahl al-Hadeeth and al-Hidaayah (or other factions) on the other hand who have a hold in the MJAH-GLM nexus. All of them have been upon that Ikhwani, Turathi manhaj in da'wah.
- The Markaz Jam'iyyah Ahl al-Hadeeth and Green Lane Mosque complex have been upon the manhaj of Ihyaa al-Turaath and Abdur-Rahmaan Abdul-Khaaliq since the 1990s. They have revealed this on numerous occasions, such as what they wrote in a publication in 1999 indicating whom they consider to be scholars (specimen). Here they put the heads of the Ikhwan and other deviants alongside the Imaams of Salafiyyah. Further, they also explicitly state that their manhaj and the manhaj of Ihyaat al-Turaath is the one and the same and there is cooperation between them (specimen). In this article in al-Furqan magazine (no. 107, twelve years ago), we see one of the figureheads of Jam'iyyah Ahl al-Hadeeth state about Markaz Jam'iyyah Ahl al-Hadeeth and Ihyaa al-Turaath, "Yes, there is cooperation between us, rather it is obligatory upon us to make cooperation because our manhaj is one..."
- Since the late 1990s Maktabah Salafiyyah took a clear, firm and unwavering stance with respect to Turaath and after discussions and advice with individuals (including Suhaib Hasan, Abu Usamah, al-Hidaayah) where it became clear these people have agendas and goals and are not willing to make their walaa and baraa around and upon clarity, they began to warn against cooperation with these people, because these people are upon a wishy-washy, murky da'wah in which light is not clear from darkness. Just ask yourself, how does this look: (specimen, specimen, specimen, specimen, specimen). Do those specimens give you the vision of a bright joyful summer's day or a misty, foggy, depressing, dark winter evening? You be the judge, but just be honest and truthful and throw away any hawaa (bias) that you might have. The point here is that Maktabah Salafiyyah took a consistent stance because it was clear these people are betrayers and they are betraying a large community in Birmingham (meaning those attending the Green Lane Mosque) which understands and recognizes the obligation and necessity of following the way of Salaf, in principle at least, but who were and are hindered, and involved in psychological games, and kept in the snares of these treacherous, cowardly people such as al-Hidaayah, Suhaib Hasan, Abdul-Hadi Omari, Abu Usamah Khaleefah and their likes, who are happy to bring Ikhwanis and Qutbis like Waleed Basyouni and Tawfique Chowdhary (who are upon the manhaj of Ali al-Timimi) and put them in front of that community. This is betrayal and deception. All of this has become clear through the fiasco of the September 6th-8th conference.
There are a ton more points to follow with historical evidences inshaa'Allaah and you will see a clear picture emerging. Please check back as this article will be updated routinely!